[opencms-dev] OpenCms 7.0 roadmap?

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Fri Aug 18 14:29:41 CEST 2006

David

> * Could I have further information for the Workflow Integration plans?
> How is the integration intended? Is it based on the Workflow Module in
> the OpenCms Sandbox?

It's not based on the sandbox module, but it's also targeting a different
direction. We try to provide an interface that should allow to connect
external workflow engines to OpenCms. This is really not there in 6, so the
sandbox module requires some core patches to run. Also there is currently no
way (without more core patches) to show any kind of workflow information on
the OpenCms workplace, so this is a function the new interface will also
provide.

I hope that when we release the first interface version, some workflow adept
people will provide feedback. Maybe the sandbox module will also be adpoted
to the new interface.

We will also try to ship a very simple "default" implementation of the
interface that will not really use an external WF engine.

> * What's about the other new features:
>      - Link Validation

We are working on link validation features as part of the improved link
managemnt project. For example, it will be possible to "move" a resource and
internal links pointing to it will remain vaild.

>      - Static Export - Is there a stream to improve this feature?

No big effort on this is planned so far, but there certainly will be slight
enhancements, as usual.

Kind Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior