[opencms-dev] Synchronize command in CmsShell

Stefan Uldum Grinsted stefan at e-nation.dk
Fri Aug 18 14:08:02 CEST 2006

Hi there.

I've produced the following few, but quite useful lines of code for
org.opencms.main.CmsShellCommands allowing you to use the synchronize
functionality from the CmsShell. I was hoping it could become part of a
future OpenCMS release.

I created this in my build of OpenCMS 6_0_3, so I haven't created any patch,
but I assume that it would also work in the latest from head.

Here is the code:

    /**

     * This synchronizes an RFS folder with a number of VFS folders.

     *

     * @param rfsFolder the path to the folder in the "real" file system

     * @param vfsFolders a semicolon separated list of VFS paths to
synchronize with

     *

     * @throws CmsSynchronizeException

     * @throws CmsException

     */

    public void synchronize(String rfsFolder, String vfsFolders) throws
CmsSynchronizeException, CmsException {

      CmsSynchronizeSettings settings = new CmsSynchronizeSettings();

      settings.setDestinationPathInRfs(rfsFolder);

      settings.setEnabled(true);

      String[] folders = vfsFolders.split(";");

      settings.setSourceListInVfs(Arrays.asList(folders));

      new CmsSynchronize(m_cms, settings, new
CmsShellReport(m_cms.getRequestContext().getLocale()));

    }

Regards

Stefan Uldum Grinsted