[opencms-dev] Problem with upgrade from 6.0.3 -> 6.2.2

Pavel Peringer pavel.peringer at qbizm.cz
Wed Aug 23 09:12:30 CEST 2006

Hello

Try to delete this library. As I remember this library is part of Tomcat
(servlet specs..) not a part of web application = opencms. Or just moved
the library away from tomcat for backup, if something goes wrong. But I
hope, this should help and the library will be only one in Tomcat 5.5.15
dir /common/lib/servlet-api.jar. I have same problem in 6.0.x versions
update, after installing opencms, this or another tomcat library was in
application dir and deleting helped.

Pavel Peringer

> Hi
>
> Problem with upgrade from 6.0.3 -> 6.2.2
> FreeBSD 5.4, apache-tomcat-5.5.15, mysql
> OpenCms integrated with Apache (mod_proxy).
> In OpenCMS configured multiple sites.
>
> During update, after importing modules i get following errors:
> ------
> "HTTP Status 500
> OpenCms is not properly initialized!
> Please make sure that the OpenCms setup wizard has been run once and
> is disabled now."
> ------
> catalina.out:
> ------
> INFO: validateJarFile(/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/servlet.jar)
> -jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending class:
> javax/servlet/Servlet.class
> ------
> opencms.log:
> ------
> Critical error during OpenCms initialization: The OpenCms setup wizard
> is still enabled.
>
> Please help me to solve this problem.
> Thank you!

Pavel Peringer                              Qbizm technologies, a.s.
programator                                 ... the art of software.