[opencms-dev] MSIE exits on 6.0.4

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Aug 23 16:28:08 CEST 2006

Today I sat in front of our outside webserver running opencms 6.0.4
(yes, I should update for security reasons) with my colleague, and we both could
witness that IE bailed out without any notice after the login name (Admin)
and password (not admin of course) had been entered. No error report,
nothing, just plain gone.

That server get the latest windows updates automatically.
On August 10th there has been an update on MSIE (this update is
referring Microsoft security bulletin  MS06-042
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS06-042.mspx).
The description therein
describes that IE could silently exit on certain servers running HTTP1.1
protocol and compression. Don't know whether OpenCms is affected in this
case but it seems that just that fix is causing IE to exit.

Does anyone observe the same? (It doesn't seem to do that on OpenCms 6.2.x)