[opencms-dev] encoding problem in exported pages

Werner Hennrich wehe at gmx.at
Thu Aug 24 11:11:15 CEST 2006

Thank you Christian,
your answer pointed me in the right direction
and helped me do it!

I inspected the response headers with FF's WebDev-extension
and got that result:

1) dynamically served:

Response Headers - http://localhost:88/opencms/opencms/bregint/wir/
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1, OpenCms/6.2.2
Last-Modified: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 08:27:29 GMT
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 08:27:29 GMT

200 OK

2) served via static export:
Response Headers -
http://localhost:88/opencms/export/sites/default/bregint/wir/index_export.ht
ml
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Etag: W/"18408-1156236154000"
Last-Modified: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 08:42:34 GMT
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 08:30:15 GMT

200 OK

The problem was finally solved, after I had set the content-encoding
property to ISO-8859-15 at the project's root folder.

The only thing that I don't understand yet is, why the exported page
is now called 'index.html' instead of 'index_export.html'; I cannot
remember having changed anything with respect to this. Yet life's
much easier with index.html anyway I asume.

Thanks you verymuch again for your help Christian!

All the best,
Werner