[opencms-dev] How to loop inside an XmlContent using jsp?

Joe Lam joe.lam at moni-media.net
Sun Aug 27 13:42:17 CEST 2006

I am trying to load xml content via jsp rather than via
<cms:contentload/> tag.
I guess using jsp to read xml content should make things easier.

my codes are like these:

    CmsResource cmsr = cmso.readResource(path, CmsResourceFilter.ALL);
    CmsXmlContent content = CmsXmlContentFactory.unmarshal(cmso,  cmsr,
    request);
    String title = content.getStringValue(cmso, "Title", myLocale);

I'm OK to read the top level element but I got problem to loop inside
the nested type.
If I want the *Style *element inside the nested type *SubArticle*, I
could only do it like this.

    int subArticleCount=content.getIndexCount("SubArticle",myLocale);
    for(int i=0;i<subArticleCount;i++){
      String Style = content.getStringValue(cmso,
    "SubArticle["+(i+1)+"]/Style", myLocale);
    }

This is obvious a bad way to get inner value like this. Anyone wants how
to "step into" the nested type, such that I could do something like

    currentSubArticle.getStringValue(cmso, "Style", myLocale);

Thank you very much

Cheers
Joe