[opencms-dev] Eclipse plugin for OpenCms VFS

Scott Carlson scott at optionvue.com
Tue Aug 29 16:51:39 CEST 2006

When using OpenCmsVFS, the state listed for files that have not been changed is ¡®online¡¯ ¨C this does not mean that if you edit the file, you will change the online version, it merely means that the ¡®offline¡¯ (or whatever project that is setup in the Preferences¡­) and ¡®online¡¯ files are the same. At first, I thought this was a bug, too, until I figured out what ¡®online¡¯ meant in this display. Some other states that are shown are ¡®changed¡¯ and ¡®new¡¯.

Using OpenCmsVFS plugin, no, you cannot create new files. You must create new files using the OpenCms Workplace. Once created, you can refresh the eclipse view by right-clicking and choosing refresh on the appropriate folder.

OpenCmsVFS only seems to work with certain OpenCms types. For example, it works great with JSP files, but it doesn¡¯t seem to work with xmlpage files. For me, it will open xmlpage files, but it will not save them.

As for files with no extensions, I don¡¯t know about this ¨C I specify an extension for all files, so I can set a default editor for them.

Oh, another thing I have found is that the associated editor makes a difference, too. I have ¡®text editor¡¯ associated to the files I edit using OpenCmsVFS. I tried ¡®java editor¡¯, and when using that editor, save fails.

Scott