[opencms-dev] Adding new content outside of OpenCMS.

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Thu Aug 31 16:47:16 CEST 2006

You definitely need a new UUID for new resources. If you use old uuids then you create lots of trouble.
Take a look at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/util/UUID.html

Maybe Opencms also has an API for creating UUIDs. That would be better, because for opencms you can configure the network address of your computer to make the ID really completely unique. So search the opencms API-docs

christian