[opencms-dev] template-element property

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Wed Sep 6 07:45:02 CEST 2006

If you set the template-elements property on an XML resource to the path of
a JSP (usually one held within a module), than page views of the URL
corresponding to the XML resource causes the JSP to be executed.  Typically,
this approach is used to render XML content using a JSP view.

When XML content types are defined in a module, it's common to have the
template-elements property set automatically on new instances of the content
type.  Here's an example taken from my opencms-modules.xml:

			<resourcetypes>
				<type
class="org.opencms.file.types.CmsResourceTypeXmlContent" name="article"
id="80">
					<properties>
						<property>
							<!-- Determines
behaviour of editor in outputting contents -->

<name>content-conversion</name>
							<value
type="shared">

<![CDATA[cleanup;xhtml]]>
							</value>
						</property>
						<property>
							<!--	This
property is set to define the JSP used to render the resource. -->

<name>template-elements</name>
							<value
type="shared">

<![CDATA[/system/modules/{{runtime.opencms.module.name}}/template-elements/a
rticle.jsp]]>
							</value>
						</property>
					</properties>
					<copy-resources />
					<param
name="schema">/system/modules/{{runtime.opencms.module.name}}/schemas/articl
e.xsd</param>
				</type>
			</resourcetypes>

Jon