[opencms-dev] OC4J 10g Login Problem

Nacho Fernandez snatcho at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 14:35:34 CEST 2006

Hi list!

I am writing again concerning the impossibility of login into OpenCMS
6.2.Xwith OC4J 10g despite the browser used (tested both with Firefox
and IE).
I've been debugging the code for several hours and investigating in general
and the problem resides in the losing of the session between the point where
the user logs and the attempt of opening the workplace. As at that point
there is no session information on who is logged, this is by default the
guest user who has no permission to access the workplace, hence the
reloading of the login page.

According to several users, OC4J loses the session when you open a popup and
then close the original window. That will explain this undesired behaviour.
I can't imagine a solution, considering that if OC4J really loses the
session and not only the session id, storing the session id into the header
of the popped up jsp wouldn't help.

Can anyone think of some workaround even if it involves "cutomizing" the
code?
Is Alkacon aware of this problem, and are they working on this for a future
6.2.x version?

I hope this information is useful to Salvador Santander and those others
struggling with the issue, so don't hessitate to share your thoughts on
this. Thanks in advance. Greetings,

Nacho.