[opencms-dev] how to index external database from opencms Lucene

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Thu Sep 14 13:46:16 CEST 2006

simone.bortolaso at libero.it schrieb:
> Hi all, i'm looking for one example of opencms with lucene, that build one index on external database.
>
> thank Simone

That is only a Lucene question then, not so much an "opencms with
lucene" - question. I think you can only try to understand the Lucene
API and then write your own indexer. And probably it will be easier if
you write your own search code, too, because doing a lucene-search
yourself (without the opencms search bean) might be easier than bringing
your own external indexes into the search management of opencms where
the opencms search bean could use them...

Christian