R: R: [opencms-dev] Multi Site Login problem

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Thu Sep 14 13:54:05 CEST 2006

Mario D'Angelo schrieb:
> Well, If there is no solution to my problem, does anybody can explain how to
> make two instances of OCMS ?
>
> Thank you,
>
> M.

You just take two databases and copy the extracted the contents of
opencms.jar into two different web application folders. Then you can
start installing them.

Like this you have two identically working web applications on the same
server, which are using separate information. But they will be really
separate - no information will be shared between the two systems (unless
you add some replication on top...). You cannot use two opencms web
applications on the same database. That would wreck your database, I think.

The downside (apart from the time you spent for setting it up) is of
this is of course, that your memory consumption will be much higher,
because opencms will be running twice. Really a nasty problem, but I
don't know what to suggest.

c.