Re: [opencms-dev] Persuading FCKEditor to use default style for content

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Mon Sep 18 20:12:18 CEST 2006

Dear Jonathan,

I don't know if I understand your question correctly, but why can't you just apply that style in your template itself?

If somebody nests additional styles/divs inside the DIV that comes from the template, then the inner DIVs will overwrite all relevant properties of the content they contain. Such an approach would only be problematic, if your "myDefaultStyle" uses borders, margins, or other things that cannot be over-ruled by a contained element.

"...it wouldn't even be possible to generate bare <div> mark-up."
=> this part I don't understand, sorry - please elaborate...

hth somehow - if not, please ask again.
Christian