[opencms-dev] (no subject)

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Wed Sep 20 08:36:26 CEST 2006

OpenCms is a piece of software, so of course it needs a system to run on...
and either that's owned by you, or by a hosting service provider.

If you're going for a hosted solution, then you need a system which is
capable of running Java 1.5 and has an installation of one of the database
systems supported by OpenCms.  I can't recall what these are, but the most
commonly used is MySQL.

Recently on this list there has been some discussion about the amount of
memory needed.  It's probabably possible to get away with 128MB, but 512MB a
much better minimum to work with.

I use a dedicated hosting service provider (LiquidWeb - www.liquidweb.com -
great support and service) but others on this list have used virtual private
hosts.

Jon

  _____