[opencms-dev] Ftpd module: which ftp client works?

Martin Hoeller martin.hoeller at xss.co.at
Wed Sep 27 16:29:28 CEST 2006

On 27th of September 2006 16:01 John Bieling wrote:
> I just tested the ftpd-module, i was able to browse my vfs with firefox
> but not with an actuall ftp-client...
>
> I connect and see the folder "Offline" but can not see its content
> I tried other "starting-path" but the same here, i can not view the
> content of that folder - with firefox i could browse all directories.

This rather depends on the FTP mode you are using than on the client. Try to
use passive FTP (check your client's settings) and everything should work.

I have no problems with KDE's Konqueror, commandline FTP and Firefox.

hth,
- martin
--
    mailto:martin.hoeller at xss.co.at  | "A mouse is a device used to point