[opencms-dev] data import from MySQL (newbie question)

Andy Bicksbo schlachtzeuger at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 15:04:02 CEST 2006

Hi
There are already some threads for this
The think you want to do best can be realized with the "import file from
server" admin tool
First you have to build the manifest.xml and all content (I'd recommand
dom4j, cause it is used by the opencms team, rather than for example jdom(i
used it in the past, but there are a few problems because some things are
not provided))
than import it into opencms with the importexportmanager(opencms first zips
the files, but i didn't worked out, how to do that correctly, so that
opencms can work with( if you have a solution for this let me plz know))

hth
Andy