[opencms-dev] OpenCMS Servlet Engine: Security Policy/Permissions Sun App Server

Claudio Miranda claudio at claudius.com.br
Mon Oct 9 23:55:07 CEST 2006

    What version of SJSAS you need to have it working ?

Sam Batschelet wrote:

> Hi I am looking for documentation which shows required permissions
> necessary
> to allow opencms to operate through the Servlet.

Basically just FilePermission on the directory where opencms is deployed. I
could make it work in 2 ways: directory deployment and .war deployment. Both
needs to have the complete path of the exploded directory configured at
server.policy

eg: /var/opencms/opencms

grant codeBase "file:///var/opencms/opencms/-" {
    permission java.io.FilePermission       "<<ALL FILES>>",
"read,write,delete";
};

For SJSAS 9, that is sufficient.

For SJSAS 8.1, it will throw a Exception when installing the modules. It is
related to commons-digester. Where SJSAS 8.1 have a old commons-digester
bundled at appserv-rt.jar. And opencms have
WEB-INF/lib/commons-digester.jar. The opencms setup will load
commons-digester from appserv-rt.jar, even if sun-web.xml is configured to
load the webapp jars first (delegate classloader)

To fix, it is necessary to configure the SJSAS classpath prefix, to point to
WEB-INF/lib/commons-digester.jar.

So, to install the opencms, I recommend this steps:

* Explode opencms.war at some directory (/var/opencms/opencms),
* configure the classpath prefix
* configure the server.policy
* restart the appserver
* deploy opencms as a deployed directory
* run the setup

Claudio Miranda