[opencms-dev] Using OpenCms objects in external Java application? | JMX

Joachim Zittmayr joachim at imap.cc
Sun Oct 15 17:03:13 CEST 2006

hi list!
inspired by andreas's idea to write some code that allows access OpenCms
from the outer space, i've implemented a jmx (Java Management
eXtensions) solution.
it works great (at least the very basic concepts like file generation,
show the current runlevel,...), is standard-conformant, and makes all
the crazy things (manage the whole app, accessing the cms from a
swing/swt based 'workplace', etc...) possible!
i've created a sourceforge project (ocmx), which should be checked
within the next 2 days. i will submit my code, as soon as i've cleaned
it a bit and implemented a few more things. any suggestions, helpful
hands are welcome!
greets from vienna!
joachim

--