[opencms-dev] extended html import(head tag missing)

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Fri Oct 20 16:51:45 CEST 2006

Meghana Sathe schrieb:
> hello
> I am using the extended html import in opencms(6.0) to extend already
> created html files.
>
> After importing these files,when i say edit source code,the head tag
> in these files is missing.
>
> I want to make changes for the path of the css file.For that i need to
> be able to see the head tag.But the code starts with something like
> the td tr tags!!
>
> As for now,i am copy pasting the html file code into the opencms
> editor,and its working fine ,But i am sure theres anoither way to do it!
>
> Any help??
> Regards,
> Meghana
The importer imports only the body part of your pages.

The rest should added by creating a JSP-based template that generates
the header and writes out the content of your pages.

It does not make much sense to me to use a content management system,
but not to use any templates, because then you could serve your files
directly without using opencms at all, coulnd't you?

hth
christian