[opencms-dev] How can I get SSF=1 with no encryption

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Fri Oct 20 16:55:21 CEST 2006

TechnoSophos schrieb:
> How can I get a security strength factor of 1, but without adding
> encryption to the connection?
>
> Can it be done without TLS/SSL and certificates?
What should a "security strength factor" be?

Transmission security comes from encryption and for encryption you need
a server-certificate. What else would "security" be otherwise? If you
use encryption, you should use SSL. TLS is very old.

You can of course have passwords for login (as opencms has), but if you
use passwords without encryption then your passwords are transmitted as
clear text over the internet to your server.

Christian