[opencms-dev] deploying servlets

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Fri Oct 20 16:57:22 CEST 2006

Meghana Sathe schrieb:
> ok
> i have created a jsp which calls a servlet.
>
> I have created it in the Eclipse IDE.
>
> It runs perfectly in Eclipse.
>
> Now i want to do the same in open cms.
>
> I copied the .class file in the classes folder of the Application i
> created under opencms.(under the tomcat directory)
>
> what other changes should i make? eg:web.xml?
>
> how can i import the servlet into opencms?

Opencms is not a servlet container.

If you want to run code *inside* of opencms, then you should call this
code from your JSP templates.
If you want to run code as a servlet to generate complete results, then
you add it to your servlet container (e.g. tomcat) and your code runs
outside of opencms as a separate application.

christian