[opencms-dev] replicating openCMS instances

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Wed Nov 1 01:02:29 CET 2006

Hi Felix

> I am trying to run my openCMS-built website in multiple
> instances behind a load-balancer. Since I am running openCMS with mysql I
> thought it would be a good idea to use mysql’s replication functionality
> to have several instances of the database. What I did was

[snip]

> But I don’t want to create new tables since
> they are already existent through the replication. So I ignored that warning
> and finished the installation. After that I could log into the openCMS system,
> but the display was scrambled because lots of resources were missing.

During the setup process, parts of he workplace will normally be static-exported into the real filesystem (images, javascript files, stylesheets,...)
This probably falls flat, if you skip the creation of tables and the import of modules.

But if you just copy the exported stuff (WEB_INF/opencms/export and WEB_INF/opencms/resources) to the web application folder of your replica, then the workplace should be ok (at least I would expect so).

hth
christian