[opencms-dev] DbAccess for a custom file type

Andy Bicksbo schlachtzeuger at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 20:10:34 CET 2006

Hi all!
I studied the dbaccess of opencms and realized that every datatype comming
out of the db has it's own DbDriver class. So if for example a user should
get out of the db into the UserList of the admin view, the request of the
list has to go through

   1) CmsObject
       where the requestContext is added to the request,
       no problem to cutomize this, a public getter for the COntext is
provided

   2) CmsSecurityManager
       where the DbContext is added to the request,
       AND THATS THE POINT I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO CUSTOMIZE THIS
       the class is final so i cannot subclass it
       i found nothing to get the DbContextFactory out of this Object for
the DbContext

   3) CmsDriverManager
       here the special driver gets init
       Same proplems with as point 2) class is final

and then the DbDriver reads the special user data (i manage to build my own
driver);

So if someone has an idea how to build dbaccess for custom filetype in style
of opencms plz help me!

thx andy