[opencms-dev] modules

Christoph Schönfeld cschoenfeld at sylphen.com
Fri Nov 3 12:03:20 CET 2006

> Classes can be distributed with a module.
> Probably there is no mechanism for doing that for taglibs :(
A taglib is just normal classes along with a tag library descriptor file
(.tld) which tells the servlet container the names and classes of the
custom tags.
Taglib classes can just go into the <yourmodule>/classes folder, however
I would recommend to packaged a taglib as a JAR and put it into
<yourmodule>/lib. The TLD belongs into the META-INF folder of the JAR.

Christoph