[opencms-dev] modules

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Fri Nov 3 12:57:27 CET 2006

Putting it into the jar is certainly the most elegant approach, but
AFAIK it only works with JSP 1.2 or newer containers. Luckily this is
becoming less of an issue as time passes.

An alternative approach would be to make a directory in your module (in
the VFS) called "tlds" or whatever and then define a new export point
for the module such that the contents of the "tlds" folder ends up in
the .../WEB-INF/ folder in the real filesystem. This works without
fiddling with the .../WEB-INF/web.xml.

Christian Steinert wrote:
> Christoph Schönfeld schrieb:
>>> Classes can be distributed with a module.
>>> Probably there is no mechanism for doing that for taglibs :(
>> A taglib is just normal classes along with a tag library descriptor
>> file (.tld) which tells the servlet container the names and classes of
>> the custom tags.
>> Taglib classes can just go into the <yourmodule>/classes folder,
>> however I would recommend to packaged a taglib as a JAR and put it
>> into <yourmodule>/lib. The TLD belongs into the META-INF folder of the
>> JAR.
> thanks for pointing that out. I did not know that
>
> christian

Claus Priisholm, CodeDroids ApS
Phone: +45 48 22 46 46
cpr (you know what) codedroids.com - http://www.codedroids.com