[opencms-dev] Why publish?

Dark Side darkside68 at web.de
Tue Nov 7 12:15:51 CET 2006

Hi,
> Hi all,
>
> why do I have to publish every single file in order to view the
> changes on my developing-system?
You do not have to publish something to see the changes. If you are
inside the OpenCms workplace, just select a offline project and you can
see everything.what you just changed.
> I thought a key feature of opencms is that I can develop, edit and
> view files offline and when the
> whole project is finished I publish it to show it online.
Correct - this is how it works.
So I don't see your problem here.
Edit your file in offline mode, check it in offline mode and publish it
when everything is done. Or publish the complete project if you have
changes to many files.

Dark