[opencms-dev] Multilanguage pages

Carl Alex Friis Nielsen cfn at kb.dk
Mon Nov 13 15:24:47 CET 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org@KB On Behalf Of "Stefan Uldum
Grinsted" <stefan at e-nation.dk>

> To make the linking between versions available on the site, you should use
> the readSiblings(...) method of CmsObject to determine other language
> versions of the file.

This approach only works if siblings are only used to create versions
in different locales and nothing else.

E.g. if you have a /da/foo/bar/dims123.html and a
 /da/bar/foo/dims123shownwitanothertemplate.html which
are siblings there is no way you can figure out which
one should corespond to /en/foobar/thing123showninenglish.

Since we can't assume that this isn't going to happen we can't
take that approach.

To improve page ranking we use keyword- and description metatags
which are localized.

cheers,

Carl