[opencms-dev] Extended HTML import

Gerardo Corro gerardo.corro at mundivia.net
Thu Nov 16 13:48:12 CET 2006

Hi OpenCMS people,

I found a problem with the extended html import as described in:

http://168.75.98.88:8080/opencms/opencms/alkacon-documentation/documenta
tion_htmlimport/usage.html

I made a test trying to upload the Tomcat documentation as is in the
folder [tomcat_installation_dir]/webapps/docs.

I took the folder doc and nested it into another named "tomcat_docs" so
when a uploaded into the demopages category it would not cause conflicts
problems with other files already there (the index.html mainly), and the
doc folder could be seen in the path:

http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/demopages/docs/index.html

So, the settings I used in the "HTML import" gui were:

File system folder: [path_to_my_docs]/tomcatDocs
Destination in OpenCms: /demopages/
Image gallery: /
External link gallery: /
Download gallery: /
Template: Empty template
Element: body
Locale: English
Input encoding: ISO-8859-1
Overwrite files. checked

The problem is that not all files were uploaded, some directories and
files were uploaded but others not. Why? The few ones that were uploaded
were visible without CSSs and images.

Is there a way to upload and publish a bunch of HTML files as the Tomcat
documentation pages so they are visible inside OpenCMS while keeping
CSSs, JSs and images correctly related so the pages are rendered as
expected?

Thank you!

///GC