[opencms-dev] Scheduled task for synchronize the offline project

Arash Kaffamanesh arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de
Sun Nov 19 11:22:02 CET 2006

Hi Maria,

The static export works only for resources which have been published to the
Online Project, therefore you have to publish the Offline Content manually
or write a scheduled task to put them online and thereafter use the
staticexport schedule task from the administration interface to export your
online resources to the RFS (Real File System).

There are different StaticExport handlers, the OnDemanHandler exports the
resource after the first Online Access to the resource, the
AfterPublishHandler exports all the resources in your system after
publishing only one resource (to aviod dead links, but one of the guys on
this list had modified the AfterPublishHandler to export only those
resources which are new in the system).

Then if you want to serve your content on other server, then you can use
some sync tools or system tools (e.g. rsync on linux or ftpsync of wsftp on
windows) to serve the content on the second server.

I would suggest to use the OnDemandHandler with manual publishing strategie
(if possible) and define your schedule interval from the backend to export
your content to the filessystem, only you shall publish the content manually
every day. Perhaps you need to write your own scheduled publish handler to
publish the resources autom. To the Online Project once per day for example.
Please have a look on CMSScheduleManager:

http://www.opencms.org/export/javadoc/core/org/opencms/scheduler/CmsSchedule
Manager.html

HTH,

Kind Regards,