[opencms-dev] OpenCms database cann't be migrated

Andreas Heinecke no-spam at objectinc.de
Sun Nov 19 16:00:19 CET 2006

Hi,

I moved my OpenCms installation to another server. Everything but the
database went fine. I migrated the database from a x86 architecture with
a postgresql 8.0 db server to a x86_64 architecture with a postgresql
8.1 server.
The following exceptions occur as I tried to start the tomcat:

ERROR [encms.db.generic.CmsUserDriver: 646] . SQL Manager
:Initialization of default users and groups failed
org.opencms.db.CmsDbSqlException: An SQL error occurred when executing
the following query: SELECT * FROM CMS_GROUPS WHERE
GROUP_NAME=Administrators

ERROR [rg.opencms.db.CmsDriverManager:4270] Critical error while
initializing driver "org.opencms.db.postgresql.CmsUserDriver".
org.opencms.main.CmsInitException: Critical error during OpenCms
initialization: Unable to initialize the user driver.

ERROR [lina.core.StandardWrapperValve: 260] Servlet.service() for
servlet OpenCmsServlet threw exception
org.opencms.main.CmsInitException: Critical error during OpenCms
initialization: Unable to initialize the user driver.

ERROR [ina.core.ApplicationDispatcher: 712] Servlet.service() for
servlet OpenCmsServlet threw exception
org.opencms.main.CmsInitException: Critical error during OpenCms
initialization: Unable to initialize the user driver.

I get the same error, when I put the database dump on the new server in
a postgresql 8.0 server.
But the database is accessible, I tried to make the query which fails by
hand and I got the correct result.

What is going wrong?

Please I need help, any pointers are much appreciated.

kind regards,

Andreas