[opencms-dev] Xmlcontent problem when editing contents.

Mon Nov 20 11:57:30 CET 2006

> Why not provide a default value for the field ?

> Cheers,

> Carl

For those who haven't read the previous post, first look at:
http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2006q4/026983.html

Here is my reply, Carl:

We don't want to provide a default value as we want the users to input
all the info (correct info) thmeselves. If we provide a default value,
users can submit the form with this value by mistake and the editor
wouldn't warn them about that issue.

The question is: why validation rules are triggered when you select a
language from the combobox, and aren't triggered at the time you enter
in the edit form of the content?
I think that the current approach is inconsistent.

If rules are triggered when you change the language, should be
triggered at the time you enter the form. This has a drawback. If you
validate empty fields, you can't enter the form and can't edit other
languages.

So, I think the best approach is to trigger rules ONLY when save
button is pressed (which I think is the most intuitive approach for
both the users of the application and the developers).

I sent this to the mailing list just in case I was doing something
wrong, but It seems to be a bug (not may fault). What is the best way
to report this bug?

Thanks.