[opencms-dev] Access protected pages from embedded application

Judith Schindler Judith.Schindler at communardo.de
Tue Nov 21 15:13:15 CET 2006

Hello list readers,

We have embedded OpenCms into a web application using a ServletFilter.
The filter opens an URL-stream to OpenCms and get the (html-)content -
every OpenCms page contains a placeholder, which will be substituted
with the (html-)content of the application.
This means that OpenCms will only be called by the filter.

Now I got a problem accessing protected pages of the website: A login
into OpenCms by the client is not possible, because the access is done
by the ServletFilter (or am I missing something here?)

Is it possible to change the behaviour of OpenCms to check every time a
page is accessed, if the client is authenticated or not - without log in
by the user (client)?

Thx in advance

Judith