[opencms-dev] opencms/setup will not start, 404 error

Padric Daugherty pdaug at nwic.edu
Wed Nov 22 17:23:43 CET 2006

Joe,

I found the real cause by searching the entire directory structure
under apapche-tomcat.  The was a log file, opencms_init.log in the bin
directory that contained the following:

20 Nov 2006 11:12:46,846 ERROR [.catalina.core.StandardContext:3714] Error configuring application listener of class org.open
cms.main.OpenCmsListener
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/opencms/main/OpenCmsListener (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

It did not take long after that to figure out I needed JRE 1.5 instead of 1.4.
So, now my server status shows the following:

Apache Tomcat/5.5.20 1.5.0_09-b03 Sun Microsystems Inc. Linux 2.6.9-42.0.2.ELsmp i386

Opencms setup worked fine.

Thanks for the input.

Padric