[opencms-dev] some workplace problems

Arian Abrahantes Quintana Arian.Abrahantes.Quintana at cern.ch
Mon Nov 27 09:20:03 CET 2006

Hi all:

Since about two weeks, my opencms installation is having some wild behavior:

1- In the workspace, attempt to lock a given file by the owner itself route the browser to a blank page of the folder tree where he is working.

2- Go up one level and descend again to the same position showed the lock icon on the file previously locked.

3- Attemp to edit the file shows an error message saying that the user hasn't rights to edit the file. The funny thing is the following: the user who's trying to perform the edit task has full ownership of the file.

Fast and awkward "solution".

1- In the same location the user created a new file, edit it (put whatever in body) and publish it. After this process is complete, the edition of file with wild behavior (first description) is possible without any problem.

Seems to be that permission were flushed away at some moment and the publishing of which ever file in the same folder by the same user reinstantiated the permissions of him over his files in that location. This is happening for a few users 2 out of 15 but I want to know something on the subject before the rate becomes critical.

Any help will be higly appreciated, thanks in advance,

arian