[opencms-dev] Servlet Filters

Scott Carlson scott at optionvue.com
Tue Nov 28 22:48:07 CET 2006

I am trying to use a couple of Servlet Filters (a compression filter and
a whitespace trimmer) with OpenCms, but I have run into a problem.

The filters work fine for simple JSP pages that display data, but if a
JSP page does a redirect (e.g. CmsJspLoginBean.logout), things go wrong.
The page does not redirect. The response comes back to the browser, but
looking at the headers, the "Location: xxx" header is missing.

Any ideas if this can easily be made to work?

Thanks,

Scott