[opencms-dev] How to delete XML content when the editor is closed without saving?

Christoph Schönfeld cschoenfeld at sylphen.com
Fri Dec 1 15:45:08 CET 2006

Dear fellow list members,

a click on "Create new Article" in my custom admin view creates a new
resource of the article type using CmsObject.createResource() and opens
it directly in the XMLContent editor. After saving the file the view
returns back to the initial view.

This is fine so far. But how can I get rid of the file when the user
closes the editor without saving it?

Ideally, the file should not be created before it is saved in the
editor. The editor should create it automatically. Is the editor capable
of doing this?

Is it possible to install a "delete-when-not-saved" handler?

Best regards,
Christoph