[opencms-dev] Automatic 'a href' rewrite

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Thu Dec 28 16:22:36 CET 2006

> Hello,
>

> I'm using OpenCms 6.0.4
>
> When I use a standard html link there:
> < a href = ""...>
>
> Then OpenCms rewrites the link I've entered, and the application adds
> '/opencms/opencms/' to the link.
>
> Is this a standard functionality, and how can I turn this off ???
>
> Can somebody please help ??

you have to create an absolute link (http://xxx.yyy/my/path). Even this may be re-written, so you may even have to refer to a different server name that is not known to be your own server name by openCms.

Let's assume that you run on www.myserver.com and want to create a link to /my/path  and that in opencms your site is assigned to www.myserver.com
In this case you could create your link so that it points to http://myserver.com/my/path (without the www), so that the server name is not absolutely identical. This should hopefully prevent opencms from rewriting your link.

hth
christian