[opencms-dev] Re: Critical error during OpenCms initialization

Thomas Soe pawthwut at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 06:20:35 CET 2007

Hi Ric,

May be you have confused. If you are doing a fresh installation, you don't
need to touch the wizard.enable setting. It will be automatically updated by
the setup process after successful installation. Just curious what container
are you using? I have encountered the same problem on WebLogic 9.2 when I
run the setup. Once I have removed  <load-on-startup> option in
web.xmlfile, I can run the setup program. I think the actual problem
is OpenCMS is
trying to initialize before it has not been installed yet! Not sure what is
the idea behind. On Tomcat, it may still allow access to the context root of
opencms even the servlet loading is failed. But that is not true with some
other containers. Hope this will help.

cheers,
Jonathan.