[opencms-dev] Freemarker

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Mon Jan 8 18:26:19 CET 2007

Depends on what you want to do.

I use it for processing email templates which is straight forward. Only
thing is that you may want to wrap specific OpenCms objects to make them
available to the freemarker templating engine.

To that end I've created a module that provides wrappers for the most
basic objects. It also enables FreeMarker to load its templates from the
  virtual filesystem.

You can download it from http://www.codedroids.com/community/opencms -
the module includes a couple of examples in the doc-folder inside the
module.

If you want to use FreeMarker as an alternative to the JSP
template-mechanism, then more work is needed. There is an example using
Velocity as a such (though I'm not sure it has been ported for v.6).

Rafael wrote:
> How to use Freemarker with OpenCMS?

Claus Priisholm, CodeDroids ApS
Phone: +45 48 22 46 46