[opencms-dev] Issue with OpenCMS

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Mon Jan 8 22:26:35 CET 2007

Jaisy,

>this documentation is of version 5
>But where do I have to bring about the changes.
>Is there such a documentation available of creating templates for version 6.

The old XML template mechanism is not supported anymore - you have to use JSP templates, which are just normal JSP pages inside of which you can use some Classes and Tags that belong to Opencms.

Opencms itself comes with lots of programming documentation and contains many examples of how to write your templates with JSP.
If you install all modules, then you should already have this documentation, but you can also read it online - e.g.: http://opencms.roundpeg.com/opencms622/opencms/alkacon-documentation/

Also, you might want to take a look at www.opencms-wiki.org

Sadly, I don't know a good introduction that shows all the individual steps, one after another - but basically you create a file with the filetype JSP in the templages - subfolder of your module. There you put your code (see the taglib documentation and the scriptlet documentation that comes with opencms)
The task of this template is to use the functionality of opencms to get the content out from the requested page-file and create a complete HTML page from this information.

hth
christian