[opencms-dev] How to create a NEW Extended Content Type?

Mick Knutson mickknutson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 22:39:04 CET 2007

Ok, I read through this, and there is a question:

Create new schema definition
This is located in /system/modules/MYMODULE/schemas/MYTYPE.xsd

I think I have copied over everything from:

org.opencms.frontend.templateone<http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/system/workplace/admin/modules/reports/export.jsp#>
org.opencms.frontend.templateone.modules<http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/system/workplace/admin/modules/reports/export.jsp#>

I renamed everything in all the files from org.....templateone to
com.baselogic....

I imported this back into opencms and it appeared to have succeeded.

So can I just create and edit that .xsd in the
baselogic.template.modulesDIR structure, zip it up, then import into
openCms and I will have access to
the new type?

Is this the standard way of managing modules/templates as well?

On 1/9/07, Hans-Christoph Wirth <hcw at gmx.de> wrote:

> Mick Knutson wrote:
> > I want to create a new type of Extended Content similar to an event (but
> > very different).
>

> http://www.opencms-forum.de/opencms-forum/viewthread?thread=2108

Thanks

DJ MICK