[opencms-dev] Doubt

Joachim Zittmayr joachim at imap.cc
Wed Jan 10 14:19:57 CET 2007

hi jaisy!

i wrote an extension to opencms where you can access resources and other
objects via jmx.
so u can transfer objects directly from one javavm to another (even
different processes).
but i think u have to extend the OpenCmsAgent (it's derived from
OpenCmsShell) a little bit, so that some objects can be persisted
(because jmx relies heavily upon serialization of objects; and some of
the standard opencms classes do not implement the Serializable
interface)...

hope that helps, best regards!
joachim

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 14:11:14 +0530, "Jaisy Ann Cheriyan"
<Jaisy_Cheriyan at infosys.com> said:

> Dear
>
>  I have a doubt. I am trying to use the OpenCMS API and trying to
> initialize OpenCMS. Could you let me know how OpenCMS is initialized?
> Unless I know the exact initialization process of OpenCMS I cant write a
> code to transfer OpenCMS contents to another CMS.
>

> Regards
>
> Jaisy

> message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this
> e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are
> unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every
> reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any
> damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You
> should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or
> attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content
> of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or
> from this e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.
  Joachim Zittmayr
  joachim at imap.cc