[opencms-dev] Access groups for OpenCms sub sites.

Olli Aro olli_aro at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 17 16:42:46 CET 2007

Hi all,

I am currently setting up an ASP service based on OpenCms, which gives each
client completely independent sub site in OpenCms. As part of this it is
important that editors for each site can only access their own content.

I would be interested to know, if people have any best practices for this
kind of groups set up? The way I have currently achieved this is to create
each sub site an "access denied" group and then place the editors for all
other sites to that group. However, this is not very scalable, since if I
introduce a new sub site, I always must ensure that the existing editors are
added to "access denied" group for that sub site. Initially I did try to
restrict permissions for default "Users" group and then make the editors
part of "access allowed" group, but it seems that if the "Users" group does
not have certain permissions the sub site will not appear in the "sub sites"
drop down.

Any alternatively approaches greatly appreciated :-)

Regards,

Olli