[opencms-dev] Unpublishing a resource

Carl Alex Friis Nielsen cfn at kb.dk
Thu Jan 18 10:01:19 CET 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org@KB On Behalf Of Christoph
Schönfeld <cschoenfeld at sylphen.com>

> The first approach will not work for me. I need to keep the file. Does
> deleting the file in the offline project affect its copy in the online
> project at all? Or did you mean "delete the resource in the online
> project"?

If you delete a published resource in the offline project it will stay
in the online project until you publish the deletion. You can't delete
resources directly in the online project.

> The second approach sounds good. I will try the following:
> 1. Save the expiration date
> 2. Expire the file
> 3. Publish the file
> 4. Restore the expiration date

Be aware that this will not actually remove the resource from the online
project, but it will not be visible from the outside.
Be also aware that if the resource is published again at a later date, the
original expiration date will be restored and the resource will then
be visible again - unless it is still expired.

> @Alkacon: Please consider adding CmsObject.unpublishResource(...) in one
> of the next releases.

use their bugzilla for registering ideas for enhancements.

Cheers,

Carl