[opencms-dev] OpenCms tries to unmarshal JSP file as XML content in contentload tag

Christoph Schönfeld cschoenfeld at sylphen.com
Thu Jan 18 14:43:25 CET 2007

Hi,

I am experiencing strange behaviour when I access one of my XML content
files from the browser. The corresponding JSP template uses the
contentload tag to render the XML content.

<cms:contentload collector="singleFile" param="${opencms.uri}">
</cms:contentload>

The page appears in the browser as expected. However, in the localhost
log I found a CmsXmlException (stack trace attached in a separate file).

To analyze the problem I set a breakpoint to the line where the
exception is thrown. Then I loaded the page again in the browser and
when the application suspended at the breakpoint I searched in the
calling stackframes for the file which OpenCms tries to unmarshal.

I finally found it in the stackframe of
CmsJspTagContentLoad.doLoadNextFile() but the result was unexpected to
me: it's my template JSP file. It's weird. I have no idea why the
contentload tag class is trying to do this. Shouldn't it load XML
content resources, not JSP files?

Best regards,
Christoph