[opencms-dev] How to inser a "source code" into events + news?

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Fri Jan 19 12:55:57 CET 2007

If I understand you correctly, you want to be able to see/edit the HTML code
underlying WYSIWYG content you create using the XML content editor.

In the schema file which defines the structure and content of those resource
types, you can configure the widget used to edit your XML instance node by
adding a <layout> node underneath the <appinfo> node.  Here's some pseudo
code which might help you out.  It shows comma-separated directives applying
to CmsHtmlWidget which I'm using with FCKEditor.  Ignore the parameters
css:[value] and stylesxml:[value] unless they look useful.

<layout element="[Xpath expression for element which is to be edited thus,
not including the document root node - e.g. just 'Content']"
widget="org.opencms.widgets.CmsHtmlWidget [assuming you're doing standard
HTML editing]" configuration="css:[VFS path to the CSS file you want to be
used at edit time],stylesxml:[VFS path to the same file named as before but
with _style.xml and which configures the FCKEditor drop
down],link,image,table,anchor,source,imagegallery,downloadgallery,linkgaller
y,htmlgallery,tablegallery" />

Jon