[opencms-dev] search/replace in pages?

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Fri Jan 19 19:25:50 CET 2007

Marcus Popetz schrieb:
> Is there an way to search and replace within opencms for content?
>
> ie:  Find all instances of "foo" in my pages and replace it with "blat"?
>
> I see there is a html tag replacement, but I can't find a normal
> search/replace...
afaik there is no builtin replace function.
If it is a one-time thing, you can download everything to the filesystem
with the database tools export function or the worplace tools filesystem
sync.
Then you edit everything and upload or re-sync the files back into the
system.

If  you need this feature permanently, you would have to write your own
JSP which reads all the files from the VFS and replaces things there.

hth
christian