[opencms-dev] custom xml content type, and the need for an external xml file

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Sat Jan 27 14:10:30 CET 2007

Mick Knutson schrieb:
> * I want this xml content page user administrated.
> * I could get an xspf through a URL, but it has to be fully xspf
> compliant. From what I understand, this new type is not xspf
> compliant. There is much more data/structure... Right?
I am not really experienced with XML content, but for getting the xml
content out of your xml pages, you can write a JSP page that pulls the
content from the database assembles an XSPF playlist with this
information. The <cms:contentload>/<cms:contentshow> tags should help
with pulling the content from the database.

You may have to set the correct mimetye-header for your response in the
JSP, otherwise the mimetype that is sent by opencms is probably "text/html".

hth
christian