[opencms-dev] regarding unpublish

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Tue Jan 30 13:35:59 CET 2007

Jaisy Ann Cheriyan schrieb:

> Dear
>
> How do I send a signal back to OpenCMS (via code) to unpublish a
> resource? My requirement is to send some indication to unpublish a
> resource. Or it would be fine if I could also revert to a previous
> version.

You cannot "un-publish". You can switch back to an earlier version and
then publish.
Published content can never be changed directly - you always have to
change offline content and then publish it. (this is a bit like checkout
and checkin in version management systems like CVS)

> Also I tried to export a published and an unpublished resource. The
> meta data of the two are the same. What is the difference in the two
> resources then? Where is it indicated other than deactivating the
> publish button when right clicking??

Your resource is only different in your offline project, if you have
changed it after you published it for the last time

hth
christian