[opencms-dev] Accessing the VFS without using the workplace.

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Tue Jan 30 13:59:58 CET 2007

Carl -

A better way is to extend CmsShell, then you can do anything you like
without having to reproduce lots of arcane and low-level OpenCms code.

Alternatively, is there any reason why your daemon couldn't run under
OpenCms?  You can get OpenCms to run a module initialisation method on
OpenCms start-up, and that method could do anything it likes (including
spawning a thread to do what you want).  It will be given access to an
administratively-initialised instance of CmsObject.

Jon